PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Personal Data Notice describes how Signature International Berhad and all its subsidiaries and associated companies (“SIGN Group”) incorporated under the laws of Malaysia with its place of business at Lot 24, Jalan Teknologi, Taman Sains Selangor 1, Kota Damansara, PJU 5, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor are committed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of the personal data supplied by you in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
By continuing to communicate, interact or deal with the SIGN Group or by using our websites, or using our products and services, you signify your acceptance to the collection and processing of your personal data and are fully aware of the choices available to you to decline access or limit our access to your personal data. Should you limit access or decline to provide your personal data, we will not be able to provide you with our products and services.
1. Types of Personal Data Collected and Processed
We may collect the following personal data to process your requests, inquiries, registrations, references, applications and/or other situations in which you have chosen to provide your personal data to us:-
- Contact numbers;
- Company Registration Number or NRIC Number or Passport Number;
- Email address;
- Credit card or bank account information;
- and any other personal information required by us which may identify you or your family members and has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by SIGN Group from time to time.
2. Use of Personal Data
SIGN Group may use and process your personal data for purposes relating to the products and services you requested or for administrative, business, marketing and/or promotional activities of SIGN Group which shall include, without limitation:-
- to assess and respond to queries or requests submitted by you or your business;
- to provide you or your business with our products and services;
- to process the orders submitted by you or your business;
- to administer or otherwise carry out our contractual obligations to you or your business;
- to assess and conduct research, market surveys and preferences of customers or potential customers;
- to maintain internal record keeping, human resources management or administrative purposes;
- to manage and send invites to promotional or marketing events or new launches;
- investigate and attend to complaints.
The personal data collected will be retained by us for the duration permitted by law and may extend to periods after the termination of your contractual relationship with us.
We maintain the security of personal data by limiting access to your personal data on a need-to-know basis and providing security control systems with a combination of physical and electronic access controls, secure servers, firewall technology and other security measures to safeguard the confidentiality and security of your personal data.
SIGN Group may provide access or disclose your Personal Data to third parties such as those listed below (not exhaustive):
- Our third party contractors, licensees, suppliers, service providers or vendors who work with us to provide you with our products and services;
- Any affiliates, business partners, service providers, or such other party whether in or outside Malaysia;
- Any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure including regulatory; statutory, governmental body or other recognized body;
- Auditors, lawyers, consultants and/or other advisors;
- Such other parties as may be permitted by law.
We shall not be liable for any voluntary disclosure of your personal data by you to others nor any disclosure by any such third parties, which includes but not limited to our third party contractors, licensees, suppliers, services providers, vendors, affiliates, business partners, service providers or other related parties.
5. Choices, Access And Correction
If you do not consent to SIGN Group collecting and processing your personal data or seek to limit the processing of your personal data or desire to request access for correction of your personal data or, please send a written notice via email to:-
Legal Manager, SIGN Group
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your personal data, SIGN Group has the right to decline to process such requests for reasons permitted under the law or which may jeopardize the security and privacy of the personal data of others as well as requests which are impractical or not made in good faith.
Dated: 10 January 2015